Ipod touch 2G Memory syncing issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sproke, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Sproke

Sproke New Member

I have an 8GB 2G Ipod touch. I bought it about a month ago. I tried to sync it up to my computer today, and some new apps I downloaded were put on the ipod, indicated by the status bar at the top of the itunes window. There is little difference in memory, and the app memory space went down, as the other memory section went up.

I've tried testing it, taking off and reapplying the Shakespeare application.

Shakespeare on - after a few tests = 484.2 MB APP, 215.1 MB OTHER
    Shakespeare off = 543.1 MB APP, 96.5 MB OTHER
    Shakespeare back on = 484.2 MB APP, 215.1 MB OTHER

I figured this might just be the type of program, so I tested it with the SPACE DEADBEEF Game APP.

After Shakespeare tests, SD on = 484.2 MB APP, 215.1 MB OTHER
    SD off = 543.1 MB APP, 141.8 MB OTHER
    SD back on = 539 MB APP, 170.3 OTHER

Looking at these numbers, i honestly cannot draw a connection. How is it possible that taking off an app fills up my touch with more memory? The numbers don't even match up! I'm completely lost. Should I try to restore my iPod to factory settings? Could my iPod or iTunes have some sort of virus? I'm lost, and I really don't want my touch or my computer to have any problems.
  2. Sproke

Sproke New Member

Okay. Everything was running fine and then I tried to bring up the rolando game app. The screen went black and locked up, returning to the apple logo and restarting. Does anyone have an idea wth is going on?
  3. iUberGeek

iUberGeek New Member

Hmm... contact Apple, but first try restoring your iPod touch software. Your error is quote odd...