iOS 4.0 iPod Touch 2g MB downgrade...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ccho93, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ccho93

ccho93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok.. as y'all know, some ipod touch 2g has a problem updating to iOS4. RECOVERY MODE LOOP.. AFAIK, there are no solutions.
    I have known this problem since the first day of iOS4 came out, i successfully downgraded to 3.1.2 after i got the recovery mode loop and waited for the solution. but yesterday, I don't know why but I retried to update my ipod to iOS4, of course, i got the recovery mode loop... I was like "sure, it shouldnt work" and tried to downgrade to 3.1.2.. (I knew downgrading to 3.1.3 wouldnt work), and... i got an error 3194..
    I googled it and this error is for the MC models of an ipod... tried 3.1.3 and got the same error 3194...
    I tried restoring with a custom 3.1.2 (sn0wbreezed).. did not worked
    I tried restoring with a custom 4.0.. did not worked
    I tried like everything I could do with my ipod...
    I just want to know that did apple stop signing 3.1.2 too? My ipod is in the recovery mode loop for 2days now....

remember, i have a MB modeled ipod, bought this in 2008..

Thank you for reading this...
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Apple stopped signing every 3.x firmware. Even 4.0 i've heard, cause of 4.0.1
  3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    He has a 2G. Therefore, no SHSH.

Try iRecovery.
  4. Ypsmitgimmick

Ypsmitgimmick New Member

Hi, I have the same problem as ccho93 also on a 2G ipod touch MB modell. Updated it accidently from jailbroken 3.1.2 to 4.0 and keep on getting the recovery mode symbol when it starts. I tried RecBoot and iRecovery but nothing seems to work. Is there anything else I could try or have I just wrecked my ipod? Thanks for your help
  5. ccho93

ccho93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey i have heard that even if you have a mb model of an ipod, and want to downgrade, you get an error 3194.. I think apple is not allowing to downgrade on every each idevices...
    ------------------double post merged------------------

AFAIK, we cant do anything...

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. nozz

nozz Member

I also have an iPod touch 2G (MB) and it seems that we can't downgrade anymore to 3.1.x :/ I was able to restore to 2.2.1 using iTunes 8.2 but 3.1.3 wasn't possible ("this device isn't eligible for the requested build" error).