Ipod touch 2g keeps restarting(ios 4.1 jailbreaked)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krishna96, Oct 21, 2010.

1. krishna96

krishna96 New Member

i have an ipod touch mc model 8gb jailbreaked on ios 4.1 with greenpois0n rc4 which has started crashing and restarting.It happens rarely,i mean it has happened 4 times since i updated to 4.1 and jailbreaked.
    all of the timed it happened likes this-i opened an app,my ipod touch hanged,then the boot screen came(black screen with apple logo).
  2. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You may be trying to run apps that arent compatible with 4.1

You may try shift-restoring to 4.1
    When you do restore, dont import your settings from a previous backup, this often causes issues. Simply chose the new ipod option.
    Then try to rejailbreak with green poison.

Good luck
  3. Moonrocks34

Moonrocks34 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    do you have multitasking and wallpapers installed? If so, you may want to remove wallpaper, because the same thing happened to me when I had backgrounds on. I turned them off and it was ok.
    or what bigray said.
  4. krishna96

krishna96 New Member

yeah i know background wallpaper on itouch 2g is pathetic.
    but thats not the problem!
    and @Bigray14719,all of my apps are working,so i know they are compatible as they work most of the times.
    i even noticed it crashes when im installing one or more apps from appstore and in the meantime play some app.i think my ipod becomes low on memory since my multitasking is also activated!
    thanks btw!!!!
  5. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You very well may have answered your own question. If your multitasking too may apps. You can drain you available ram too the point that you cant open anything more. you can check you available ram in sbsettings. Good luck
  6. krishna96

krishna96 New Member

yeah that can be the point,but i make sure i quit all other apps from multitasking.
    and this didnt happen on ios 4.its started when i upgraded to 4.1.
    anyways not a major problem though.
    THANKS!!
  7. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The same thing happening to mee too!!
    I only have wallpaper on, and I dont think that it gets on low memory cuz I don't have multitasking…

And btw, I don't wanna remove native wallapaper because when I disable it, the icon labels (names) get dimmed (dark) on springboard, but when I enable wallpapers, it's white again. It all happened when I installed winterboard on 4.0, I noticed that that thing started happening, even restoring as new iPod doesn't fix it, they're dim once I restore as new iPod without even jailbreaking, so does anyone know the reason or the fix??
  8. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

I heard that 2g MC jailbroken with greenpois0n r having problems with random reboots...
    I'll post a link if u want (if I can find one. Lol.)
    And
    @ManGforce. It is like that when u don't have homescreen-wallpapers on. They turn white, so u can see the labels better. If u have winterboard on u have two options:
    1. (if u don't use winterboard) either uninstall or disable summerboard mode
    2. (if u do use winterboard) turn on "white icon labels" (should come with winterboard when u install it.)
  9. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  10. Freakyboy67

Freakyboy67 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OMG this is jailbreak related greenpois0n has always had problems with 2g MC models
    the f***ing chronic Dev team is the flipping lazy to fix it! Just use sn0wbreeze 2.2
    I had the same problem as you then I used sn0wbreeze and it stopped