iPod Touch 2g. Jailbroken + Black Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ibleedroyalblue, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Ibleedroyalblue

Ibleedroyalblue New Member

Ok, so I jailbroke my ipod touch 2g. I have vista 64 so i had to do the long install of libusb. so i got it done and it worked for a few days. i went into installer for some odd reason and updated it and tried to download a game. it went back to installer's game menu. so i did it again. the screen froze so i hit home a few times and now the screen is black and nonresponsive. my laptop(main computer i use) recognizes it as my ipod and works on itunes. the chime is made when i plug it in. i dont want to have to rejailbreak but if its the only way i will. i have winterboard, a few themes, and gpsphone. thanks for any help.
  2. Gr33n3gg

Gr33n3gg New Member

So, is your iPod still on or is your screen just black? Try turning it off by holding the Off button (top) and the Home button, then doing so again to turn it on.
  3. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    that literaly happened to me an hour ago. exactly the same (except it happened to me in cydia)
    what i did (but it might not for you) was gave up and went to put it into dfu, after i held the home and sleep buttons for about 10 seconds the boot logo came up, it stayed for about 1 minute 45 seconds, then everything was better
    good luck, this was scary, im not sure if this will work for you, (i think i did what's called a force restart)
  4. TeNsTrKe15

TeNsTrKe15 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what you could also do is search here or on youtube for Voltage booter. what it is is a program that when running it says if ipod is in dfu mode or not and can boot it.

Steps:
    -1- put ipod into dfu mode (hold power and home for 10 seconds then let go of power and keep holding home for 10 more seconds or until computer finds ipod...screen should be black)
    -2- run program Voltage-Booter
    -3- click boot and thats it!

after step 3 your ipod should now be booting