iPod touch 2g jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Roadkill1110, May 10, 2009.

1. Roadkill1110

Roadkill1110 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an idea for a 3.0 2g jailbreak.
    If you have been around for awhile you'll remember the old jailbreak versions
    For the 2g like in this post http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155816 now I want to know if you were to change the 2.2.1 ipsw
    To 3.0 beta would it jailbreak it I'm gonna try it later.

EDIT:tried worked with a bit of mods will post tut later

EDIT:sorry bout it taking so long I'm writing this on my ipt2g becouse my computer is messed up
    Also I didn't use much of the above to jailbreak I am going to jailbreak my freinds ipt2g and it takes an hour or so so in that time period mything us changing to iPod touch 2g 2.2.1 nonjailbroken
    Also thank you for you patiance and I hope you keep waiting
    Also 3.0 is crap you can't use any of the cydia apps realy but if you want 3.0 beta I'll give it to you.

EDIT:chris I figured that out like 30 seconds into the first test hence me saying I did it with a little mods

EDIT

Please Register or Log in to view images

ue to the dev teams wishes i am no longer going to give a tut untill the 3.0 comes out. sorry.

EDIT:As chris has pointed out apple has "changed" the firmware so my patch for 24kpwn no longer works.
  2. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, you would need a different bundle. You would definitely need to know the 24kpwn patch to do anything. Simply no.
  3. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How many times is this dumb question going to get asked?
  4. Roadkill1110

Roadkill1110 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do you mean by bundle?
  5. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Trust me, if you have to ask that, you don't have the right knowledge to even do anything towards jailbreaking the 3.0 firmware with the 24kpwn patch.
  6. Roadkill1110

Roadkill1110 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No you said bundle so does that mean like firmware bundle or what you just said bundle give more details plz.
  7. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    man heres the reason we cant jailbreak 3.0 on the 2g yet ------ on 3.0 you have to completely reprogram and patch the 24k patch (i forget y my memory sucks)
  8. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I still don't understand the demand for the 3.0 jailbreak when it's still in beta. It would be nasty not to mention non-functional. Hopefully less than a month before the release, just wait and use the official jailbreak released by the iPhone Dev-team that will be released shortly after.
  9. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    roadkill, you say uve gotten it in your edit.
    please, amaze us all by creating a user friendly tutorial for something chris stroud and jfb have not been able to make one for yet
    /sarcasm
  10. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Please amaze this forum by showing us that the 3.0 jailbreak you have on the 2g works.