iPod Touch 2G jailbreak went well until....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arrow24, Jun 25, 2009.

1. arrow24

arrow24 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys,
    My friend was wondering if I could jailbreak his iPod touch 2G (8GB model to be specific) for him, and I said sure, so we started. So I open up quickfreedom (because his current firmware is 2.2.1) and the pre-jailbreak is successful after putting his ipod into DFU mode. Then I open up iTunes, hold down the shift key and select the custom firmware that I want to put on his iPod. Everything is going well (iTunes shows it's extracting the firmware) until I get an error message saying "An unknown error occurred", and the number in parenthesis next to it was 13. Then we tried restoring to just the original firmware 2.2.1. Same error message pops up.
    Now when I jailbroke my ipod (ipod touch 2g) in early May, and everything went perfectly smoothly, no problems at all.
    So, do any of you have any troubleshooting advice to do to help me either restore his iPod to Apple's firmware or maybe help him successfully jailbreak it? Cause I don't want to let him down and make him think I'm some kind of amateur at jailbreaking ipods...

Thanks a bunch :]
  2. John5p

John5p Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    DFU restore to get OS 3.0 and use redsn0w 0.71
  3. arrow24

arrow24 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But the problem is he wants it on 2.2.1, and I don't know if redsnow 0.71 works with quickfreedom, which is the only jailbreak software I have and trust right now on my computer.
  4. John5p

John5p Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    redsn0w 0.3 (for 2.2.1) better than quickfreedom. redsn0w is an official dev tool. it takes only 2 minutes to install jailbreak.

EDIT: Redsn0w 0.71 does not need to work with quickfreedom?