iPod Touch 2G is amazing!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kOrNwHeAt, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hey everyone,
    So I got my 2G iPod Touch Sunday morning and I just wanted to share how great it is. It feels so thin, I feel like I'm scared I might snap it LOL. Although I'm not sure if the middle where the 2G is the thickest is thinner than the 1G, but I don't have my 1G to compare, I sold it in orderto buy this one.
    I drive buses for my university, city-type buses not school buses, and they allow us to listen to music while we're driving as long as we have external speakers and not headphones, so this is the main reason I wanted the 2G to get rid of all the wires in the driver's compartment. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hear the internal speaker over the noise of passengers and the constant rumbling of the engine, but I don't have to worry. I just put the iPod between my legs and that amplifies the music a lot. Even when it's just on the seat and I'm in the back of the bus(about 35 feet away) I can still hear it fine.
    I love the chrome backing the only problem is like all iPods, it scratches easily. And there are very few cases or scratch protectors available. I saw a Beliin case in Best Buy but it was a silicone case and I had that for my last iPod and it put these wire smudge/scratches all over the back that wouldn't come out. So before I get a case I'm going to put an invisible wield on the back. Bestskinsever.com already has their shield out for the 2G touch but my experience is that their skins don't cover as extensively as the invisibleshield.
    Also I didn't want a silicone case because that made it a chore to get my iPod outnof my pocket so I as thinking about waiting to see if powersupport is going to come out with a thin air jacket for the 2G like they have for the 1G but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this case and whether they like it or not?
    LOL so that's my opinion. I felt like rambling about the new 2G. LOL
    p.s. this was written on my 2G iPod Touch.
  2. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I feel the same way....
    Check out the incipio cases http://www.myincipio.com/
    I just bought one it should be getting here soon
    BTW - update your device...
  3. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

See, this is a good reason for someone to get a 2G. For your situation, it's a no-brainer. The speaker is invaluable.

Congrats on the new Touch!
  4. mtitono

mtitono New Member

Congrats with your new ipod, me myself is still waiting for my order (it sucks to wait)..

But i have already ordered the anti-scratch for it.. you can go to www.zagg.com InvinsibleShield, it even give lifetime warranty, you should see it yourself
  5. Shyboy1234

Shyboy1234 New Member

it sure is amazing if u can type all that stuff on your ipod lol xD , anyways congratz on your ipod im getting mine tommorow

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    yeah I went to the closest Apple store to get it and luckily they had some 32GB in stock. Yeah I saw that zagg finally has the invisibleshield up for sale now. Although I just want the back shield b/c i don't like the feel of the screen with the invisibleshield on it. However, I just got off the phone with them and they don't offer just the back, I may go with bestskinsever b/c they are cheaper and I dont want to spend $25 on the invisibleshield just for the back shield.
    EDIT:
    I just ordered the bodyguardz shield for the back only. It comes with two backs and from the picture it looks like it covers almost all of the chrome backing.
  7. JAD

JAD New Member

Bodyguardz looks good. I haven't been able to to find it here. I taped mine into some plastic and have it in a leather Belkin wallet-like thing made for the 1G. Fits the 2G fine. Also typed on my touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    well I'll post some pix of the bodyguards skins as I apply it and once it's applied. LOL right now I have a power support back protector on it to prevent some of it from scratching and I keep it inside 2 sandwich baggies when a carry it around it my pocket. I'm trying to keep from touching it to keep fingerprints from getting on the back then requiring polishing once the shield comes in an risking scratching it while polishing it LOL
  9. do not touch

do not touch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    does invisible shield for 1G work with 2G as well?
  10. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No it doesn't because the 2G is curved and the wifi antena is different and the headphone jack kind of dips into the back. But zagg has come our with their 2G touch skin along with bestskinsever and bodyguardz