Ipod touch 2G/iphone 3G and ipod touch 1G/iphone 1G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dytoonn, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Dytoonn

Dytoonn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here's my problem: One year ago, the Ipod touch and the Iphone were both affordable. Sure, the Iphone costs a 100$ more, but you got yourself a great cellphone for it.

Nowadays, the Ipod touch is 229$. Great price, of course. But the Iphone 3G became so much more expensive! Sure, first you pay 199$, but monthly you need to pay a 30$ fee (or something like that) during 2 years! So the actual price will be more like a 1000$. Way to much for a student like me, who doesn't even need that AT&T contract.

So it became nearly impossible to buy a 'cheaper' Iphone 3G for a foreigner, because without a contract, the Iphone 3G costs about 599$. What also is way to expensive.

The only option left, nowadays, is to buy a Ipod touch 2G I guess? Buying the old Iphone in a store became impossible, and maybe that's just a stupid idea since it already is a bit 'old-fashioned.?'

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. crosswiz

crosswiz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it's not supid to buy a 1st gen iphone its still one of the best phones, ipod and internet device, only difference is the 3G is "faster" and looks a lil sexier

Please Register or Log in to view images

plus u can always extend your warranty and probably get a 3g if something happens to ur 1st gen