iPod Touch 2G Insane problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bower95, Apr 5, 2009.

1. bower95

bower95 New Member

Yeah, so the iPod itself is fine, but there's one problem.
    I can't recharge it because as soon as I plug it in, a process called ptpd goes NUTS! It rampages on my iPod using up to 60mb of ram, eventually crashing springboard and the whole iPod OS
    So, I'm pretty much screwed unless I can kill that process and do something about it...
    I tried MemTool but it gives me some message in chinese, probably refusing to do it because it's a system process on the iPod...
    I hope I'm just overreacting and this is easily fixed...
    Also, I can't get the iPod to stay on long enough without crashing to restore.
    But I wouldn't restore anyways cause I have too much important data on the iPod.

Can someone give me any tips about getting rid of this problem? This thing is driving me up the walls!
  2. wammybar6

wammybar6 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    does it work. If so then DFU it. Hold down both buttons for 8-10 seconds, then release the power button CONTINUING to hold the home button (All must be done while plugged in and turned off) and soon iTunes should give you a recovery message, you just need to restore it then and it shouldn't crash (sorry that you have to restore).
  3. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow man never heard of that problem before try restoring your whole ipod it must be some kind of an error thats affecting your ipod or you must of downloaded something wrong that messed up your ipod try restoring the whole thing.
  4. bower95

bower95 New Member

I really don't want to restore cause I've got a sh*tload of important data on it, but I guess I'll have to. I'll try that DFU mode thing, thanks guys.