Ipod Touch 2G Incorrect Songs and Artists

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BazzaZen, Mar 3, 2009.

1. BazzaZen

BazzaZen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After spending hours importing my CD collection into iTunes, then onto the Touch, the song names and artists are incorrect.
    I create an "On the Go" playlist, include all songs, but when the songs play, and the song name and artist are displayed, they are mostly incorrect. EG the song name may be correct (for the song being played) but the artist will be incorrect (some other entry). Any ideas ???

Thanks
    Baz
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Looking into this further, when the Touch is upright, the correct Song/Artist appears on the screen. When the Touch is turned onto its side (Cover Flow Mode) it displays the correct Song title currently playing, but incorrect Artist.
    Has anyone else experienced this ???
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Maybe it's the import settings
  2. Pablo944

Pablo944 New Member

Mine does the same thing

It happens on a regular basis now that I look for it (I'm sure that it's been happening all along). I've searched the internet and I tried searching this forum and I have not found an answer.
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Did you buy your songs or did you *******? there are *******ed songs with incorrect information sometimes. the ones with incorrect info can be edited in iTunes by Right-clicking the song, and click Get Info. Then just edit the stuff in the tabs.

purchased songs never have problems.