IPOD Touch 2G in endless cycle boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Pipes3037, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Pipes3037

Pipes3037 New Member

OK ive read through about 500 sum odd forms so far. non of them have helped me. My 16GB Touch is in an endless cycle boot where it hits the Apple logo for roughly 10 seconds and flashes a white screen and does the same thing. its been going on for 12 hours now. not on charge. its the enegizer bunnie of ipods. SO i tried everyones variouations of attempting restore mode, recovery mode DUF mode. none are working the pod doesent respond. only after a lot of finess will it sleep. ok confession....... my beer spilt on it. but it was very quickly cleaned off. and shut down to dry over night. and i woke up to this. im loosing my mind HELP.......................
  2. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Did the beer get into the headphone jack or the usb place? If yes you got a water problem ;D
  3. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Try this, it may sound weird, but it could save your iPod touch:

Dump white rice into a bowl, make sure your iPod is off, and submerge it completely. Leave it for about a day. Rice is good at absorbing liquids (even if the liquid is inside), hence you could use kitty litter for a better result if you have any.
  4. Pipes3037

Pipes3037 New Member

Yes some liquids did get in but right after it happened i towel dried it and blew out what liquids got into it. it seemed to have dried out now its just in a endless cycle boot. i will try the rice trick tonight if i cant get it resolved.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok so draining the battery completly and hoping that when i hold the home key and plugging it it would take it to restore mode did not work. And other ideas???
  5. dudemanbra123

dudemanbra123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds like a hardware problem. Something a simple restore will not fix. Try the cat litter. If it's insured or under 3 months (?) old I'm sure they'll give you a new one, just don't tell them it's water related. I heard that there's a piece of material in the ipod that tells if it's been moist but you could always make up an excuse that you work around a lot of moisture or something related.

You could open the ipod and try to dry it BUT IT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND APPLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU FROM THERE.

I also heard if you can get those little moisture absorbing bags that come in a lot of foods and just stick the packet into the usb port (Don't force or jam, and obviously make sure the packet isn't already wet) it will pull out a lot of moisture

Your Choices:
    -Go to apple (Recomended)
    -Try fixing yourself (NOT Recommended)
  6. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That is what my sister did when her MP3 player went through the washing machine, worked perfectly again.
  7. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

try this recovery mode, plug the Ipod into pc/mac it should then get stuck in that reboot cycle u were on about.

when the iPod is on and busy hold the home and sleep buttons till the screen goes off. once off hold both buttons again for 10 seconds when you get to 10 let go of the sleep button only and keep the home button held down till iTunes pops up sayin it's detected an iPod in recovery mode.

for a mac the last part with home button will take abotu 10 seconds with a pc it could be upto 30 seconds.

once detected in recovery mode hit restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

go to apple. its the SAFEST WAY!
  9. Pipes3037

Pipes3037 New Member

dude that sh*t worked. ohh my god i love you and i dont dont know you.
  10. Redshift

Redshift New Member

You're welcome

Please Register or Log in to view images

It worked for me when I got my iPod slightly wet, my iPod touch worked fine, except it always thought it was being charged, even when it wasn't plugged in. Only took a few hours of rice to fix. I'm glad it worked for your more severe problem.