Ipod Touch 2G Horrible Sound Quality

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pearljam10, Mar 12, 2009.

1. pearljam10

pearljam10 New Member

OMG i just bought an Ipod Touch and put music on it, good quality rips, and the sound quality on this thing is pure garbage, It sounds like a radio station basically, not sharp and clear, completely lacks bass big time, I even tried my good headphones instead of the ones that came with it and it sounds a tad bit better but not as clear and good as my cheap mp3 player was, I even noticed that chaning eq settings from one to another barely makes a difference its just a very slight tiny difference. How can something that costs 300+ dollars sound this weak?
  2. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Could be a manufacturing defect. These are normally very high quality products.
  3. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    personally, i disagree
    and besides, this is an mp3 player with some earbuds, not some fancy shmancy computer with some kickin' speakers
  4. pearljam10

pearljam10 New Member

Weird that it would malfunction by just having radio quality sound, I figured if it malfunctioned it wouldn't turn on or maybe freeze up or something along those lines. Still I do expect emaculate sound from something that costs 300+ dollars
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

a lot of people have said that the sound isn't fantastic, but they have not said it is horrible.
    i personally think the ipod touch has amazing sound! but then again, i am no audiophile. if it provides me good noise level without damaging my ear, then to me, the quality is amazing.
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Like what pss said, it could be a manufacturing defect... I agree that the sound on the touch is not fantastic but it can't be that bad until sounding like a broken radio, right?

Of course those basic speakers are great for playing some games like Fastlane Street Racing or UNO but admittedly, I prefer to listen to songs either via those Altec speakers or with headphones!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Fireworks

Fireworks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Connect it to your computer speakers, if it still sounds sh*tty then your iPod sucks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

hahaha.