ipod touch 2g help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luke95, Oct 7, 2010.

1. luke95

luke95 New Member

hey guys,

registered to ask a question. ive read a billion posts on crap about this but noo one appears to have a 'PC' model.

i've got an ipod touch 2g 8gb PC model (thats right it says PCxxxx after Model in about page under settings)

im on iOS 4.0, and i hate it. its slow and unnecessary. i've attempted to downgrade to 3.1.3 but no luck so far. i always get some error.

would appreciate if someone helped me downgrading. i can't handle iOS4 anymore!

thanks =D

just a note i don't have SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. i was an idiot during those days...
  2. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need 4.1. Im guessing the serial # is PC because it's engraved
  3. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Well you need shsh blobs...........and PC means you have an engraving.
  4. luke95

luke95 New Member

thanks for the fast reply. ive heard mixed results from different people with 4.1 on their iPod touch 2g. some have told me that their internet, music and most apps have stopped working and some have told me it's faster than 4.0. i have my shsh blobs saved for 4.0 and 4.0.1. what are the steps required after upgrading to 4.1?

yeah i got it engraved. i had no idea about that. thanks for the fast replies.

just a note i don't have SHSH blobs saved for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. i was an idiot during those days...
  5. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

What do you mean? You cant jailbreak if youre on 4.1 but if you want to upgrade just plug it up and click update?
  6. luke95

luke95 New Member

I want to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3. I've already jailbroken 4.0 using jailbreakme.com. Thanks =D
  7. luke95

luke95 New Member

Can anyone help?
  8. austinmartin

austinmartin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, because without the shsh's saved for 3.1.2, 3.1.3, you can't downgrade to those FM.