Ipod touch 2G Help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by jeterfan428, Jul 3, 2009.

1. jeterfan428

jeterfan428 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, the first day I jailbroke my iPod i downloaded "EDGE to 3g icons" When I used Winterboard to turn it on, right when I tried to turn it on it froze, so I held power and home to turn it off. When I turned it back on it sat at the apple then the circle for loading popped up and just sat there. I let it sit for hours and it just sat there. So I restored it then jailbroke it yesterday when I did it again with a different app it did the same thing. What's wrong?
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    edge to 3g has no use on ipod... it has no way to use either of them so thats whats probably causing it. and if u restored it might happen anyway. u probably need a clean restore(DFU)
  3. jeterfan428

jeterfan428 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried to but it went into recovery mode is that the same thing? And also anytime my boot freezes when i plug it in it says its in recovery mode.
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no DFU is different. try restoring it one more time and download like winterboard or sbsettings so ull need to restart your springboard. if it freezes, then restore using DFU mode. to get into DFU turn off ur ipod while its plugged in, then press power for 3 seconds, then power and home for 10 seconds and then just home for up to 30 seconds, itunes should come up and say ipod in recovery mode but the difference is ur screen will b off. restore and it set up as a new ipod and everything should work better