ipod touch 2g has 2mb of memory

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macdude, Aug 16, 2010.

1. macdude

macdude New Member

Alright, so I previously had a jailbroken ipod touch 2g 8gb running on 4.0. Then I decided to restore it because I did not want to have to deal with constantly closing the multitasking tabs and the stuttery frame rate etc. Now the ipod goes even slower.

I got an app that tells how much free memory you have (called SysStats lite) and it says I have only about 2 mb of free memory. When I had sb settings on my jb'd ipod, it said I had about 50mb of free memory. I also notice that most of my apple apps (safari, mail, notes, calc, etc) open fast - just like they are doing multitasking. Is there a way to close them without having multitasking? I have tried holding the home button, but it does not do anything. How do I fix this problem? Should I restore and not from any backup? I am updating to os 4.0.2 to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

did you try freeing up memory using sbsettings
  3. slim21st

slim21st Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    had a similar problem on unjailbroken ipods as well...it happened on my brother's 2g touch and my buddy's ipod nano...the memory slowly starts to get smaller and its all in "miscellaneous" or something...restore worked but we had that problem several times before it went away...im thinking it was the update considering that the last time we updated, it was through itunes and the problem disappeared on its own...
  4. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Id say that app is off. Sbsettings is accurate as f***, a simple plist file can mod your memory. There is a thread on it here, cant remember what its under though.
  5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Hve you thought of restarting your iPod?
  6. macdude

macdude New Member

I am unjailbroken so I can't use sbsettings. Anyway, when I restarted my ipod the free memory went all the way up to 30mb free. Once I opened safari however, it went down to just over 2mb free. For some reason the safari application has decided to enable multitasking. I am pretty sure this is why I am losing all the memory. Would a restore fix this or do I just need to restart every time I want to free up memory? Thanks.
  7. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Clear out unneeded languages and remove Launch Daemons. Then, uninstall any unwanted MobileSubstrate apps. Use Backgrounder for multitasking, WinterBoard for Homescreen Wallpapers, and SBSettings for Batteries.
  8. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    He's not jailbroken.