Ipod Touch 2g getting warm

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by carloaccount, Feb 14, 2009.

1. carloaccount

carloaccount New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my Ipod touch 2g gets warm after using for a few minutes especially on games using the loudspeaker. I mean it gets warm to the touch in just a few short minutes. is it normal?

I left it on top of my laptop (the warm part) for a few minutes while charging a few days ago. Did it possibly cause it?
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes its normal. the processor has to work creating heat and the lack of a fan doesn't help either
  3. McCulloch

McCulloch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It also doesn't help if you just return to the Home Page instead of closing an app. By just clicking the home button, your app basically gets minimized and it causes your ipod to work harder, therefore creating unnecessary heat. To close an app just hold the home button until a black screen appears and you return back to the Home Page.
  4. Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yea i also noticed this. It can actually get pretty hot which can get annoying if your holding it in your palm
  5. loukas77

loukas77 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Umm dude when you don't have a jailbricken system (so you don't have backrounder) any appstore apps CLOSE when you press the home button ONCE (it's a rule for all apstore apps NOT to run in the backround). As for the stock apps of the ipod yes they stay in the backround. Especially safari does this which consumes much ram. So to the stock apps it's advisable to force close them. My ipod 1g gets warm but not so shortly. But when i'm playing for about 30 minutes yes it does. Also if you have it in your pocket it's normal to get warm

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah especially the ipod gets warm when you play games or brows the appstore/internet and you are charging it (or have it plugged in to ur pc)
  7. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only app i keep on in the background is AIM

Please Register or Log in to view images