iPod Touch 2G fw 3.0 cannot route audio to internal speakers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zeroshadow96, Aug 9, 2009.

1. zeroshadow96

zeroshadow96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I got a replacement iPod touch, Jailbroke it, and two weeks later I notice issues with the internal speaker and headphone Jack, sometimes when I unplug my headphones the iPod would think I still have them plugged in! And sometimes I'd have my headphones plugged and sound would be playing through both the headphones and internal speaker! Now it's almost completely stuck in headphones mode! Rarely does it ever recognize there is no headphones in there, for about 5 seconds. I've tried rebooting without the headphones in.

I really don't want to have to DFU and restore my iPod and I REALLY don't want have to send my iPod in for a new one! If anyone finds a way to fix this or some kind of software workaround (ssh into iPod touch, and modifying the audio routing plists, or building an app to force the iPod touch to change from headphones to speakers, it would be much appreciated) since I don't know how to really write programs and all that for the iPhone/iPod OS, I'm using firmware 3.0, with winterboard, cydelete, and supreme perferences
  2. iAppleGuru

iAppleGuru Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download AptBackup from Cydia and along with a regular iTunes Backup, restoring shouldnt be a problem.

After you restore, if the problem still persists, I would send it in to Apple and really complain this time because two replacements is an outrage.
  3. zeroshadow96

zeroshadow96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I was hoping not to resort to restoring because it takes a minimum of two hours to restore and it takes forever to get push notification working properly, but hopefully it might make a difference .
  4. iAppleGuru

iAppleGuru Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. Fishman9809

Fishman9809 Active Member

i unfortunately have the exact same problem currently, the place that holds the headphones in place is jammed in so the touch always thinks headphoen are plugged it, try to get it unstuck with a qtip or something, nothing worked for me, so i may try to restore tonight, i wish i didnt have to though.
  6. zeroshadow96

zeroshadow96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i have just finished completely restoring my ipod touch, even with it unjailbroken, the issue still lives on, so, i guess i have to go to my friendly neighbourhood apple store

Please Register or Log in to view images

, and get a new one, but i think ill wait for that new ipod touch that might be coming out in september, and see if i can get my hands on one of those (by taking in my broken ipod and hoping they will give me one LOL)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    if you know what exactly tells the ipod that headphones are plugged in (one of those gold contacts in the headphone jack or something because i dont know what does) then that could be of help, if it is like a small switch or some button i might be able to get it unjammed, if that is the case with my ipod touch.
  7. Fishman9809

Fishman9809 Active Member

i restored, didnt work either, so yes, its a hardware problem. i wonder how fast i'll get a new touch if i send it in...
  8. zeroshadow96

zeroshadow96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Depends on where you live I guess, I live in Toronto and it took 6 days, they sent me a replacement all the from I think pensylvania or Ohio don't remember >_>
  9. redsleighdown

redsleighdown New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry to hear about your issues, but ironically this is actually what I've been TRYING to achieve. Please let me know if you ever did figure out a way to change the routing lists or even better an app that can force audio through a certain line please let me know. Thanks.