ipod touch 2g, firmware 2.2.1, jailbreak ???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by shizzo3, Apr 1, 2009.

1. shizzo3

shizzo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    hii,, am new in this,, so am wondering if some could tell me how to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g??,, i already update to 2.2.1 and i was researching many different ways to do it. I found different programs that claim that can jailbreak a 2g ipod touch like voltage, iliberty, ziphone, etc. I have a Windows XP, so the quickpwn doesn't work for me,, but i also read in the dev-team blog, that the jailbreak for the firmware 2.2.1 for 2g ipod touch is not possible... so somebody could tell me how do i jailbreak my ipod,, or at least see if the follow links works for somebody,,

Please Register or Log in to view images

this is iclarified-tutorias
    http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=15

and this is in this page
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155875&highlight=ipod touch jailbroken

,,,mmm the quickfreedom really works??,, and 1 more thing,, if i jailbreak my ipod,, whats going to happen with the apps that already have?? ,, and i could download apps from app store after the jailbreak?,, the itunes could recognize my ipod after the jailbreak??

thanks ;p

2. iBillyO

iBillyO New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is what i used to Jailbreak my Ipod Touch 2g on the 2.2.1 worked like a charm!

Program/thread

Its very easy just download the program install it and follow the instructions written into the program! It's very well made! Good luck and Welcome to the forums

3. shizzo3

shizzo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thanks for the advice

ey billy u were right,, thanks for the advice and my iPod is succesfully jailbroken. jajajja thanks,,

4. iBillyO

iBillyO New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No Problem man, Feel free to ask me any questions. Im new here as well but i have pretty much read every thread and know a TON now.

CONGRATS! btw, on your Jailbreak!!!
  5. shizzo3

shizzo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thanks..

cydia is cool but now and i dont know which app should download,, i saw many themes and cool new games.. but i dont how to use snes4iphone or psx4iphone,, do u know how to delete a cydia app ??

any idea??
  6. iBillyO

iBillyO New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya man, open up cydia, hit manage at the bottom, then press packages find the app you want deleted and then hit modify in the upper corner and then hit remove and voila!

Aslo if you want to put a rom you will have to SSH into your ipod. I use a SWEET pirate theme i found on cydia and i love it, not sure if ill ever switch to anything else.
  7. iHadyu

iHadyu New Member

You could try CyDelete, I think you need not add any new sources