Ipod touch 2g Error 9?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Silviyius, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Silviyius

Silviyius New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so the other day My Ipod 2g 3.1.3 jail broke got bricked and I'm desperately in need help to unbrick it.

Ok so I put my ipod into Both Dfu mode and regular recovery mode but in both modes I get error 9 about the time the screen reaches the apple logo with the loading bar under it. So I never make it past preparing Ipod for restore.

Now what I was doing to get that to happen was I was in cydia, installing a vwallpaper and toyed with it for a bit, then after deciding to download a videowallpaper pack but my internet went out about the same time it finished downloading, I waited 10mins and nothing happend so I left the stuck downloading screen and went off to do other things on my touch. I spent the day thinking nothing of it but when I rebooted the next day it got into a endless loop of booting up and Itunes wouldn't restore it.

Now people please don't' say put it into DFU mode cause 1. I have and 2. I know what it looks like, this isn't my first touch, I suspect the reason my'n is bricked is cause there is a corrupt file not allowing Itunes to restore but what that could be or how to fix is out of my knowledge, maybe the springboard is messed up, I don't know. Maybe someone knows a third party program that fix that kind of thing?

Oh and hi everyone since this is my first post on this forum.
  2. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A DFU wipes everything regardless of what's on the iPod, so its not a stagnant preference file. Try restoring with another machine, or even plugged into a different USB port (sounds weird I know, but it's worked for me)
  3. Silviyius

Silviyius New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya I first tried with my windows 7 computer but it crashed so i put vista on and no... I guess that doesn't count as another computer. What scares me is that it had been bricked before by a more "official" cause and I was able to fix it, by using redsnow then Dfu mode but now all I get is error 9. I guess I'll find a xp computer or maybe use my friends mac.

Update... No go. Still Error on 2 different computers and one I tried on two different Os's, but I'll keep trying. Anyone have a anouther solution? I wish someone would make a non itunes restore cause apparently Itunes can barley do the job. Way to go Apple.