Ipod touch 2g doesnt restore problem like no others

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by hokxj, Aug 13, 2009.

1. hokxj

hokxj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To clear things up i have searched through this forum and others and my problem with my ipod touch is like no other. I have tried the 5 r's that apple recommends.

This is the my 2nd, yes u heard me, my second replacement ipod from apple (so a total of 3 different screwed up ipods) my first ipod was jailbroken, itunes started saying that there was an error with my ipod and i needed to restore it (i had no choice as i cudnt sync stuff). So i tried to restore it and it failed every time with a different error message, error 6, 14 and 20 every time and then my computer stopped recognizing my ipod saying usb device malfunctioned and the screen wouldnt turn on at all. I took it to the apple store they replaced it and then i tried it again except i didnt even try jailbreaking it, itunes wouldnt sync with the ipod it would sync maybe 15 songs then say something like itunes cannot read the device, the disk is not present (i forgot exact words). so i took it back to apple, they replaced it again and told me to reinstall itunes and try again. I did more, i reformatted my laptop, and yet again same problem, itunes wont sync to my ipod and when i restore i get error 6.9 and 14. But it doesnt say usb device malfunctioned and the screen is now permanetely on connect to itunes screen.

Im running windows vista on a laptop. I've tried diffrent computers, macs and windows and so have the apple people.
    Any advice or solutions would be appreciated, i daresay the apple people are sick of seeing me

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Doesn't matter anymore, i've decided that i'm going to get another replacement and sell it, this has caused me too much trouble
  2. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mh i'm not sure, but try to restore with different firmwares
    (worked for me 1 time I had mass errors) - 2.x
    after that I restored again with firmware 3 and it worked ;o
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    and always try a DFU restore instead of a normal one