iPod touch 2g does not restore, in restore or DFU mode.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qwe11rty22, Apr 1, 2009.

1. qwe11rty22

qwe11rty22 New Member

hello

its not often iptf can not solve my problems, but there has to be a first time for everything

Please Register or Log in to view images

so, on an 8gb ipod touch 2g...

after being put in recovery mode to restore...it didnt. about 12 times, with two different Frmwares and a custom, just to try. itunes 8.0 hated this, and gave me a combination of 1611, 1601, 6, and 20 errors. tried the usual change usb ports, restart, reinstall itunes and all other apple related programs, and changing computers. it didnt work.

losing all hope, i put it into dfu mode (yes, it was dfu) and tried another 10 or so restores . to the same avail, same error codes, in itunes 8.0. tried all the normal procedures, this time in dfu, got the same restore errors.

finally upgraded itunes and redownloaded the 2,1 2.2.1 firmware from itunes, tried another few restores, failed in the ways detailed above, on two computers, and gave up.

whats going wrong? any ideas?
  2. petamartt

petamartt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont no, but im stuck in dfu mode as well and every time i try to restore it sya "itunes dont not have the software make sur you have the latest version" !! but i accidently installed the iphone firmware on the ipod so itunes recognises it as a iphone!!
  3. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So just press the restore button instead of shift+clicking.

And iTunes wouldove stopped you from installing iPhone software on it.