Ipod touch 2g crashes when plugged in

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Szteto, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185289

This issue is probably linked to the one described in the previous thread, I did eventually get that working, however now I have a new symptom, Whenever I plug it into my computer (Note: I have every family of OS available to me, I have an XP, a windows 7, an OSX, and several Linux distros, I have also tried several basestations etc...) Anyway, whenever it's plugged into one of these charging sources, while running, it flashes a white screen, then crashes. It can boot fine while plugged in, and the very low battery charging thing works fine, I can't seem to get enough power into it to DFU and restore so I can get it back on the warranty. could someone with a working ipod touch 2g run their Ipod out of batteries and go through the, I'm going to call it, Emergency charge phase, and see if It's possible to put it into DFU mode when on that small amount of battery? or is it just mine? Also whenever the screen is on it generates a lot of heat on the lower lefthand corner, when held as if in portrait view from the front.

Thanks in advance, all of you are so helpful
  2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ouchy.
    Sounds like your stuck in a power loop.
    Do you have a wall charger that you can use?
    Those will usually help in these situations
  3. Szteto

Szteto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tried everything, to me this sounds like either an OS or a firmware issue...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Soo...I still haven't managed to put it in DFU mode, I did just get it in recovery mode though...and when I plugged into itunes, Same as will all other attempts, Crash...