Ipod touch 2g 'crashes' / closes apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dytoonn, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Dytoonn

Dytoonn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I looked on the forum for this problem already, but I couldn't really find an explanation/solution...
    So here's the thing: Sometimes, randomly, when I'm running an app, browsing on safari, watching video's,... (So I guess anything that asks a lot of memory, because I didn't had the problem with playing music until now...) My Ipod touch 2g 'crashes'. It doesn't really crash, but it shuts down the thing I'm doing, and it returns to my 'desktop'. When I re-open the thing I was doing, everything I did was gone (e.g. when I'm browsing the web, it doesn't displays the last website I was browsing.) I tried restoring, that didn't help. It's really annoying sometimes... Any experiences/solutions/explanations?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This Often happens when the Application has been Open for a long Period of Time. It May Just be a Bug. You could Always try Rebooting you iPod, or if it continues, try Restoring your iPod through iTunes.
  3. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

I was having similar problems myself, although it was only with Safari. Found out I was getting a little too punchy and started clicking things before the page was loaded. My iPod got pissed about this and shut down.
  4. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    besides that, if u r loading very high content pages, it will shut down.
  5. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    EXACTLY!! same thing happens with me!!
    I think what apple did was try to fix issues by just making something crash before things become worse. Just a theory. I dont know how to fix it
  6. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

yeah, sounds like a good theory, and a good idea on apples part, if it closes the app then oh well, at least the whole ipod doesnt freeze up
  7. Dytoonn

Dytoonn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah that's also happend to me. But I guess I was doing a lot of things at a time then, or loading high content pages... So...
    Anyway maybe the 2.2 update will fix things
  8. link433

link433 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I crash CONSTANTLY using the PalRingo app... it's an all in one messenger (Yahoo/Aim/MSN) and it constantly crashes... I pray 2.2 will fix these issues!
  9. sarahrk

sarahrk New Member

Hey daytoonn I am having the very same problem at the moment. It automatically returns to desktop just after 3-4 clicks whether I'm in application/music(it's making me furious)/safari/youtube. Did you find a solution for it? Im about to restore and see If It helps..