ipod touch 2g bricked/wont boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by bobby doom, Feb 3, 2009.

1. bobby doom

bobby doom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i was trying to jailbreak my ipod and when i had to restore using itunes, it restored then itunes said ' your ipod will restart' i clicked 'ok' and now my ipod is unresponsive, and when i plug it into a usb it says that the 'USB has malfunctioned' how do i fix this.

PS: itunes wont recognise it, and none of the buttons seem to do anything to it.

and if i put it into a charger it does nothing
  2. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

that's because you have to do the reboot process. if you're on a mac. type these commands into terminal exactly how their typed. (copy and paste) and it's in order. but before you type those in you have to unplug your ipod then plug it back in. then put it in DFU mode. (even if it seems like it's unresponsive) then type in those commands. your screen should turn white a few times during the process and itunes will annoy you haha. here are the commands IN ORDER:

cd ~/Desktop/rslite

./rslite

!ibss.dfu

./rslite

#pwn211ibss.txt

!ibsspwn.dfu

./rslite

!ibootpwn.img3

*NOTICE: YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THIS EVERYTIME YOU WANT TO REBOOT.*

also, if you use the search feature on these forums, you will see that many people have made programs for doing the reboot process for you. for mac and pc. so you might want to take a look at those. i hope i helped! if you still have problems let me know.
  3. bobby doom

bobby doom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    vista

i am on windows vista, any advice with that?
  4. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    try it anyways. enter it into puddy.
  5. bobby doom

bobby doom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    puddy??

whats that?
  6. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    haha. it's like terminal for PC. just search for it on your computer and you'll find it.
  7. Mr_iPod

Mr_iPod Member

Why do the inexperienced always have to do something without READING the README. Thats why its called a README, it means READ IT. Its on the front page of http://redsn0w.com/. IF you read the instructions that come with RedSn0w Lite, you would know that you need a Mac. AND that you would have to do it EVERY time you reboot your iPod. I personaly would not help you because you were foolish enough to NOT READ the instructions. And if you did, you really screwed something up.

My 2 cents.
  8. bobby doom

bobby doom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well, i have infact used a GUI for windows and read the readme like the bible so it was clear, but no.. thats just good enough for you is it?
  9. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    don't listen to him it's just a retarded monkey. (an aussie) but yeah did you follow what i said?
  10. Thor Erik

Thor Erik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch