iPod Touch 2g Bricked (?) Endless Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by OMFGkennyDIED, Mar 4, 2009.

1. OMFGkennyDIED

OMFGkennyDIED New Member

Well, I jailbroke my iPod Touch 2g and it worked fine for a while until I installed Winterboard. After that it had to reboot, and since I used a Semi-Tethered Jailbreak, I naturally assumed I'd have to redo the last part of the jailbreak. Now, there's a problem. I have tried to restore it to all different versions of firmware, but it just says to Connect to iTunes, and supposedly, restore again. When I try to put it into DFU, I hear the computer make the sounds but the screen doesn't turn white after an unplug/replug. I'm just stuck with either the Apple reboot screen or the Connect to iTunes logo with no backlight. I'm worried that i might have bricked it and will have no way to restore...somebody please help me.
  2. Jailbreakipodtouch2g

Jailbreakipodtouch2g Member

restart your computer and restore to the official firmware
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dude, if it turns on, it's not bricked... Learn what "bricking" an iPod means.

And Put it into DFU Mode, then shift-click restore and find the original FirmWare.
    Then redo the jailbreaking process. And you have to apply a patch for WinterBoard and other apps to work.

I'd just go with a Tethered Jailbreak right now, since you don't have to do any patches.

Edit: Yeah, try a restart of the computer first..
  4. OMFGkennyDIED

OMFGkennyDIED New Member

Read the post... I said I have tried restoring it but afterwards, it just goes back to the Apple Screen/Connect to iTunes
  5. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I did read it, and you're not restoring right then...

Read my post, and do what I said to do.
  6. OMFGkennyDIED

OMFGkennyDIED New Member

I can't put it into DFU... you know how it normally makes your computer make the noises? Well, my computer does that but it doesn't restore... I have tried restarting the computer already (been trying to fix this for a week)

Edit: All of you, please try to AIM me because it will be a lot easier to help
  7. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  8. OMFGkennyDIED

OMFGkennyDIED New Member

I have seen that thread already, but i just can't put it into DFU...that's the problem.

Edit: My AIM ScreenName is yomammasofat1818
    Edit#2: (wow i have to edit a LOT) and iRecovery (the command prompt thing) doesn't launch...i think it is only supposed to launch when you're in DFU right?
  9. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wait, what?
    There's nothing inside of the iRecovery Folder that you're supposed to launch...
  10. OMFGkennyDIED

OMFGkennyDIED New Member

I thought i was supposed to launch the command prompt thingy