iPod Touch 2G Bluetooth Project

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Exosion, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So I want to get a group of devs together to attempt to open up the bluetooth chip for use on the ipod touch 2g. I've been able to get the menu to appear on settings, but I can't get it to remain active. If you are interested, please reply here or PM me.

http://code.google.com/p/loosetooth/ - Google Code!

UPDATE: We have figured out exactly what must be done to get this to work. It's 100% possible. It will require a jailbreak for use.

UPDATE 2: Asking to beta test will not make you a beta tester. At this point in time, I don't see a need for beta testers.

UPDATE 3: We have unlocked the chip for complete use. It's now picking up other bluetooth devices, yet it continues to shut off quickly.

UPDATE 4: Extracted from a special file.

Please Register or Log in to view images

UPDATE 5: Who got my iPod's bluetooth address?!

UPDATE 6: Well it comes down to this. We in theory could fully enable bluetooth, yet it would come at a price. Rebooting, even with redsn0w, would not work right. In fact, you couldn't reboot at all. I'm strongly considering continuing development if enough people want it, but it may be best to leave it to apple to enable it. If someone has good experience working with iBoot and the iBSS, please contact me ASAP.

UPDATE 7: Well, we have found the BTServer, but it really isn't going the way we hoped. I've hexed it and ironically, a lot of the references are to a CSR chip which is not good. If this is TRULY the BT Server, then the project is impossible unless we flashed the chip with a full BCM 4325 firmware, which we wouldn't have access to. Apple clearly intended to exclude full bluetooth use from us, even if we jailbroke. They didn't include the proper files. So, for a fourth time, we will look for a work-around, but I can't say hopeful I am now that I see the BTServer isn't set with the BCM chip.

UPATE 8: Basically, it's not going to happen. Not from us, not from sweettooth, not from anyone except apple. In the iPhone, a properly configured BTServer file was included for the csr chip. We have that file, it's in the 2.2.1 firmware filesystem. However, it's for a csr chip, not a bcm and they are completely different. SweetTooth will never work on the ipod (well I wouldn't say never, but the odds are like 1 in 1000) because they'd have to write up their own BTServer, which is a ton of work. They'd have to extract a full copy of the bcm2345 firmware (which we can't even get our hands on) and then decrypt all of the files inside, and then figure out to configure it with an ipod touch. THEN write up the BTServer file. All I'm saying is that if this is going to happen, Apple will be the maker. I can't even fathom a work around, so I'm going to stop development. Sorry we got your hopes up guys, but we did our best and we were able to make progress.

2. rtgiant

rtgiant New Member

Lets do this thing bear fan xD!
  3. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What kind of progress have you made. Hope you guys can unlock the bluetooth.
  5. mkikeke369

mkikeke369 New Member

i would help if you guys kinda helped me i don't have school so i can work on it all day
  6. mark1985

mark1985 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hi
    i would like to help you, but im not thant into coding(i hardly know anything) but if there are really easy things i would like to help
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    does that bluetooth toggle actualy activate the bluetooth chip? Or have you simply made a GUI.
  8. mark1985

mark1985 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it sounds like they allready activated it and on the screenshot there are the words "now discoverable" does it mean you can see the devide from other bluetooth devices?
  9. GalTouch

GalTouch New Member

OMG Cool ! cant wait for it!
  10. Dozer4ever

Dozer4ever New Member

Yes blootooh will be nice on 2g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.