ipod touch 2g Blackscreen of death?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by shiningsnow, Jan 31, 2009.

1. shiningsnow

shiningsnow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok, well i tried to jail break my ipod touch 2g today, and i as put it in restore, i see that i nothing comes up, not the usb sign pointing to the itunes, but, according to iTunes it says its in restore, so i just go along and do all the things, so i get to white screen, then the apple with the little bar that tells you how long until then, then it goes black again, so i do my boot.bat, and it stays black...so now after i finished doing the boot.bat it just stays black, and when i mean by black, i mean like no back light black. as if its off, but its trully on, i tried to restore it with the original 2.2.1 and it fails and says error at (1). So now im stuck with i guess a "Bricked" ipod =[. Does anyone have any ideas of fixing this very sad ending. BTW, i used this to jail break my ipod http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137903

EDIT: Fixed! check on second page if you have the black screen of death. ill upload a picture of my ipod touch jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am still shopping for my tutu so this sort of thing doesnt happen to me. sorry for your loss, but I dont think you bricked it. I heard it hard to do.

Best of luck!!!!

Sorry for OT, just wishing you luck, and not give up.
  3. shiningsnow

shiningsnow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oh no, i wont give up, im just looking for someone to see if they have had this before. because like its been like this for like 1 hour now lawl. its just a pure black screen... retried jbing it like 203912039-10392103923981398190283091823981209832903 times.

EDIT: Also.... when i connected to my USB connecter, my computer nor iTunes recognizes it... i feel like my ipod died on me. or somethign close to this =[
  4. jsook724

jsook724 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    this happened to me, ok disconnect usb, try holding down power and home for lik 10 sec then just release the power button but keep holding home button. see if that works, my ipod went straight to the unlock screen
  5. shiningsnow

shiningsnow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok ill see what happens.
  6. Austinjb555

Austinjb555 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This happened to me too, and the holding buttons down doesn't work! please help!
  7. Jamess

Jamess New Member

Hold power and home, wait about 5 seconds and release both. Wait a while and it should bring it back to normal, if not, google and download libusb.
  8. Paul Penney

Paul Penney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Definatly in the same boat as these guys... Black screen, no response, and shows up as a malfunctioned USB device in windows (doesn't show up in iRecovery or anything else as well)
  9. shiningsnow

shiningsnow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    kay, well the only thing i can do is put my ipod into recovery with the black screen of death =[ thats the closest thing i got to anything.
  10. bmgjet

bmgjet New Member

Had this happen to one of the ipods Iv jailbroken. I ended up getting a screeching sound from it then a burning smell. I was a factory 2.2 8GB one, Returned it to apple store and got a replacement 2.1.1 that jail broke with no problems.

I had jailbroken 2 ipods before that one so I wasnt a noob.