iOS 3.1 Ipod Touch 2g blackra1n problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lucbrink, Oct 11, 2009.

1. lucbrink

lucbrink New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I own a 2G ipod touch, so not with the 3.1.1 software preinstalled. The first time I tried to jb it got stuck in reboot mode, after geohot's picture. So i restored my ipod with itunes and tried it again. This time it did reboot and the blackra1n app was installed. When I click it however, it opens and immediately closes. I assumed i had done something wrong so i tried for a third time, but now it just says 'entering recovery' on blackra1n, while itunes says it's in recovery mode. Now every time i restore it and try again the same thing happens. I tried to remove the blackra1n app by restoring my ipod with itunes, but i get a 1600 error when it's trying to install the software. After that my ipod works again, but the blackra1n app is still there (and so is everything else)

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be and what I can do to fix it?
  2. che0173

che0173 New Member

Did you restore on itunes before trying for the third time, or did you just try to "make it ra1n" with the defective jailbreak?