ipod touch 2g: best crystal shell cases?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Gipson, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Gipson

Gipson New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey. i'm looking for crystal shell cases (cover the front and provide touch functionality) and the big ones i keep finding are the Naked Case and ivyskin Retro 2g but i'm having a hard time finding good reviews.

what i'm looking for is:
    - durability/shock absorption
    - moisture?
    - touch screen lag?

that's all i can think of for now

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyone have any first hand experience with any cases like these and can help me out? are there any other cases i'm missing out on?

also found this but there's very little info.

thanks!
  2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

DO NOT pick the naked case, it is quite terrible in my opinion, not the fact that the case is bad it is just VERY, VERY bulky, its like a glass box that shows your ipod, like it looks like a box around it.

Ivyskin has pretty bad quality cases I have heard aswell.

Also anything with a built in screen protector will get watermark like crazy, so if you want something with a built in screen protector use a power support anti-glare screen protector, it cancels out the watermark
  3. xredjokerx

xredjokerx Member

i have the naked case.

personally, i like it. however, if you clean the ipod and the case, it'll stick to the screen and it annoyed me.. so what i did was leave the ipod screen a little bit dirty. >__> once on, you dont notice the extra dirtiness of it tho.

i didnt notice any touch lag, but sometimes around the edge its unresponsive, but rarely.

and.. i wouldnt trust it to protect my ipod in terms of drop protection. but i would for scratch protection. overall, i like it alot
  4. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The iFrogz crystal case http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=461 is also very good in protecting and as well in style. As you can see from the pictures its not entirely clear it has that tint to it making it look good. Its also not bulky at all.

Edit: And its a good price $14.99, there's no reviews done on it yet but other ifrogs products have been reviewed and it sounds liek a good company.
  5. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have several different cases, including the Case Mate Naked Case. Of my six cases, the Naked Case is hands down the worst.

Why?

First, difficult to install. It has little rails that slide together and are difficult to align just right.

Second, impossible to remove. It has a little tab in the back you're supposed to push in, but it doesn't. I didn't notice it when I until I put my iPod in. Because of the close fit with the iPod, there's virtually no way to push it in. Very frustrating.

Third, difficult to use. I could not dock the case in my clock radio or iJuke because the case is so thick. The iPod is too far recessed, which also makes it very hard to use the volume rockers or power buttons.

Lastly, no matter how much I wiped off the protective screen, it was still smudgy. It didn't matter much when the iPod was on, but when it was off it looked terrible.

Run away, far away from this case.

D
  6. Gipson

Gipson New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i am thinking that there are no decent crystal shell cases out there right now, based on everyones opinion. rebeltouch black it is!
  7. iPewPew

iPewPew New Member

Belkin Crystal Case, A NO GO Its a iPod touch TRAP very hard to remove.