iPod touch 2g battery

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Abcejin, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Abcejin

Abcejin New Member

I am having trouble with my i pod touch you know I charge it friday in the morning and i didnt use it all day then i turned it on on saturday and the battery was on medium and the wi fi was off

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you booted it up, that takes alot of battery power. Don't turn it off next time, just hit the lock button on top.
  3. Hughgeek

Hughgeek New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Turn off Location Services, Go to settings and then to general, that will help, and turn off auto brightness, and as andrewpiro said, don't turn it off, just hit the sleep button.
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, when I got my touch (first ipod ever) i debated on shutting down fully or just hitting the lock button. Just hit the lock button, turning it all the way off is a big pain in the butt and does nothing for your ipod. Think of it like your computer. You don't really wanna turn it off if you use it a lot, but its good to shut it down and restart it every once in a while to give it a chance to get things back in order and shut off stuff that doesn't need to be on. Good luck with it!
  5. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd always fully shut my down at night, cos I know I ain't gonna use it anymore

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mhm, which is why i said if you use it a lot. I don't use mine when i'm sleeping either lol. After a while, after youre done playing with it all the time 24/7 and learning on it and you have a few charges in it, it should settle down. I mean i use mine a lot, but not as much as i did in the beginning when i was all excited and learning it. Don't be afraid to overcharge though, lithium ion batteries are amazing. I run mine with internet and full screen brightness with no probs. I haven't really used it for music that much yet lol, and like once for video just to see how they look. Hoping in the future ill be able to see how just music or video fairs but so far ive been stuck at home so!
  7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Check the link to 'Battery Life' in my sig.
  8. Starkey

Starkey New Member

I leave mine, i listen to news podcasts when im going to sleep and when i get up in the morning it's autolocked and it still has like exactly the same battery life as the night before. So im guessing when you lock it it's just as if it was off
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, you need to power your device down to stop any drain on the battery. If your device is 'sleeping' with WiFi, Edge, etc all turned off and the screen locked it will still be using up power, though only a very small amount. If you are on a jailbreak with a numerical battery icon (1-100) you can see the change, but with the Apple stock battery icon (has 8 stages) it will look the same.