iPod Touch 2G battery life draining in sleep mode and other question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bluestar, Aug 21, 2010.

1. bluestar

bluestar Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I charge my iPod Touch when I update it with either new songs or app updates. I don't use it as often as I used to, so it typically sits in sleep mode for a couple days on my desk. However, recently when I've wanted to use it after 2 days, the battery is either REALLY low or it doesn't even turn on. Then plugging it in takes forever for the battery lightning symbol to go away, then the apple logo to load up and do its thing.

I've also noticed when running the latest iOS4 firmware, everything is slowing down. When I open up the music app, it sits there blank for a good 3-4 seconds before showing my music. I also get a really bad 1-2 second delay when switching songs or navigating through the app itself. Perhaps it's my iPod's 32GB capacity nearly full doing this? I am running a non-jailbroken Touch, but when I have time I want to jailbreak it. Ideas?
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Turn off Wifi when sleep.
    The slowness is because of a older device, doubt it could have any affect on the capacity because i have a 8gb and sometimes my ipod is slow
  3. bluestar

bluestar Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks! Do you know if jailbreaking it might help? My iPod's speed was fast when I updated it to 4.0 first, but I saw it just slowing down after a while...
  4. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    check my post. i edited it a couple of times to add in some info. (refresh the page)
  5. bluestar

bluestar Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Haha yeah my bad I saw that. Last time I was on IPTF I didn't notice posts acted almost like chat! haha You can review my last post I edited too.
  6. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    not quite sure about it getting slower after a bit of time tho.
  7. bluestar

bluestar Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Last time I heard the jailbreak for the 2G needed the GM release firmware, but I'm assuming it's not needed anymore right? Thanks for your help so far... maybe someone else has the same issue I have with the apps slowing down when they weren't slow before.
  8. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nah you can jailbreak the official 4.0, and there are a few tweaks you can do for speed when jailbroken, such as removing the springboard shadows (speeds up categories, icon animations are smoother) and removing launch daemons, which in my experience does help.
  9. bluestar

bluestar Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And 2G users can have wallpapers right? haha
  10. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, but they lag like sh*t, think thats why apple disabled them