iPod Touch 2G backlight NOT working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TadoKurosawa, Sep 9, 2010.

1. TadoKurosawa

TadoKurosawa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So. Like the name says, my backlight isn't working. I've posted this thread before..but not much help was given so I'm giving it a second try. My friend gave me this iPod..he didn't need it cause he got an iPhone. I am running ISO4. It was jail broken (with redsn0w..not sure if its the best to use..but at the time it was the only way I could find to jail break ISO4)I had apps 3rd party like all jail breakers. And the iPod was working fine, even up to about 5 minutes before the backlight quit. I know this because I picked it up to check the time 5 minutes before the backlight quit working. There have been a few times where I went to unlock it and instead of the lock screen I would get a white screen or a screen almost like static (horizontal lines like static if that makes sense heh) but all I would have to do it press the lock to make it turn off then home to come back a few times and it would be normal again. Any idea what this could be? One of my 3rd party apps maybe? I've tried doing a restore with iTunes three or four times and its still the same. Any help is greatly appreciated. :")