iOS 4.0 iPod touch 2G and iOS 4

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mbtheoret, Jun 25, 2010.

1. mbtheoret

mbtheoret New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Weird... I tried to restore my iPod touch 2G many times and it just gets stuck in recovery mode (iTunes-USB logo).
    When I restore it, iTunes thinks everything's fine (the restore process goes all the way fine) until it makes the iPod reboot. Then, the iPod goes back to recovery mode every time.
    I tried to restore with and without putting it in DFU mode, but I just can't get rid of the recovery mode logo.

Now, will try to get back to 3.1.2 to at least have a working iPod...

Anyone has an idea? It's like the iPod touch 2G rejects the iOS4!

Tried redsn0w jailbreak btw, but it doesn't help...

EDIT: Restore with 3.1.2 works perfectly, really looks like there's an uncompatibility between some ipod touch 2nd gen and ios4 (!!!) as I read hundreds of threads like mine. So a lot of people get the same problem...
  2. dresaa

dresaa New Member

i hope they will fix it....ELSE i hope that MOST app ons appstore will just require 3.1.3
  3. mbtheoret

mbtheoret New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Me too!! I'm trying something else now... installing iOS4 pre-jailbroken with Sn0wbreeze.
    Will give news soon...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Went back to 3.1.3
    Waiting for iOS 4.1...
    I guess Apple will do something about this as it has nothing to do with jailbreaking and most of users just can't install 4.0 on their iPod touch 2G.
    If someone succeeded, please tell me!
  4. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have a 2G ipod Touch non-MC. Was at 3.0. Backed up. Updated to 3.1.2. Jailbroke with redsnow. Then used Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak to 4.0. Worked fine and no problems so far.
  5. GopherTee

GopherTee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hey guys listen up to this! I have an ipod touch 2G (non-mc model) that I purchased 2.5 years ago. I was unable to upgrade as well so I called apple. They was unable to help and set me up an appointment at the Apple Store to have it looked at. He said normally he would have bad news but since I called in to their tech support, that lady put in a warranty over ride whick meant, they replaced my 2G with a brand new 2G that's the same exact model as the original. Big props to Apple for doing this.
  6. Nitr0

Nitr0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2.5 years ago was january 2008, the 2g ipod touch was released september 2008, so you probably have ipod touch 1g
  7. gardenislandbradda

gardenislandbradda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i have finallt been able to downgarade from 4 but now when i try to connect to itunes .store it say that my connection is bad,been using wireless but i have tried to plug in a line to my computer and still same thing is there a special connection from the ipod to itunes store.it was working before i downgraded is it the file i used or just my connections.pleas help or ill just try another computer.just wanna go back to normal and very new to this itouch and itune.HELP PLEASE NEWBIE IN TROUBLE
  8. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Different os's or downgrading doesn't affect your connection to the appstore. ^this problem happens to me often. Try rebooting your computer/restarting your internet/etc.