iPod touch 2G/3G film-skins shape as EPS

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by brovius, Oct 25, 2009.

1. brovius

brovius Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hi everybody.
    My dad is a desktop publisher/graphics designer, and also signs film for companies' cars or boards.
    He took some square film, color is Silver Metallic, it looks like parlemour (how do you write it?) and tried to wrap it around the back of my iPod touch 2G.
    It took him nearly an hour and it looks great, though the corners are very hard to do, and he tried his best, but it's not smooth.
    Now, I am looking for an EPS or AI or PDF file, containing the shape of the back of for example the invisibleSHIELD or the BodyGuardz, as a vector, so he can sign it out from some square film, so it has the shape of the invisibleSHIELDs or w/e. EPS/AI/PDF version doesn't matter, we are able to open/use all versions.
    Or somebody who can draw it with the Pen tool in Illustrator.
    I would be very grateful if somebody could help me out. I also found an EPS (vector) of the "new" Apple logo, that has been used the last years. If you want it, PM me, and I'll mail it to you (it's very small, smaller than 500 kB).
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

I got a skinit template, the only bad part about it is that it doesnt cover the front/side chrome with the volume controls :

Please Register or Log in to view images

if u could get me one of your new covers, that would be great

Attached Files:

3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

nvm, got a bodyguardz one, drawn with the pen tool, it was kind of a 2 second drawing so its slightly sloppy, will probably make a better one later

sry for dbl posting

Attached Files:

• Skin.pdf
      File size:
      202.7 KB
      Views:
  4. brovius

brovius Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thank you so much!
    It's great, but a bit crisp, so if you could smoothen it a bit it would be much nicer, and also a smaller file to plot.
    I attached some photo's of the current condition of my iPod touch (quality is sh*t, because: the weather here is ugly, it's in the afternoon, and it's an LG Cookie that I use to make these pictures)

Attached Files:

5. brovius

brovius Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok, my dad just had a great idea.
    What if we put the iPod onto our workspace.
    Lay a sheet of film on top of it.
    Attach it to the very back of the iPod, and to the workspace.
    Get a hairdryer, and set it to its hottest setting.
    Let it blow at the corners and it will all wrap around.
  6. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

it will cover volume, sleep buttons and cover both the dock and 3.5mm jack

EDIT:

new pdf, try with the apple logo and take some more pics (maybe with black or white colored film) and i wanna see if it looks iPhoneish

Attached Files:

7. brovius

brovius Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The film is quite expensive and can't be used again, so I'm not gonna replace this immediately, but I will at the end of the week I think.

As for the hairdryer, I will put my earphones and my docking cable halfway in, so I can cut the film there. I will cut around the buttons too.

I bought 3 screenprotectors on eBay, the ones with the mirror effect (only 2,49 GBP or something (3 USD?)). They should arrive at the end of this week, or next week's Monday.