Ipod touch 2G 32gB Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak Redsn0w 0.7.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jesuscomestoearth, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jesuscomestoearth

Jesuscomestoearth New Member

To whom it may concern,
    I am having trouble with the jailbreaking. I jailbroke it and then had to restore the system because the theme I set up deleted wintersnow and Cydia. This was the beatles theme. I am lost now because I am failing to enter the DFU mode. I am doing the same steps and it says that it has failed "check you tube or google."
    Any help would be really appreciated.
  2. FruitRocks

FruitRocks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude you can always enter DFU mode. i thought i was lost to, but after an hour of failed attemps it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Nocando

Nocando New Member

I must say i thought i had an ipod that did not respond... and hey presto.... It enterd DFU mode, after a couple of hours of sh*tting bricks. It will enter DFU mode.
  4. jcmcelroy1975

jcmcelroy1975 New Member

DFU

Hmm I'm having a similar problem, not that it won't enter DFU but it won't REBOOT after in DFU running redsn0w. It just hangs at waiting for reboot. I just did this with a 16gig and no problems. It all started when trying to do a 32gig. Any pointers, suggestions or ideas? Yes I've tried doing it for hours and I'm still getting the same problem, enters DFU and doesn't reboot back on, and have to restore blah blah blah. Help?

boy@woh.rr.com
  5. allstar102692

allstar102692 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    downloaded the same beatles theme from cydia and it deleted wintersnow and cydia

. how do i remove the theme and get cydia and wintersnow back without having to jailbreak it all over again?
  6. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    think you will have to rejailbreak, or mabye uninstalling the theme

7. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    with all your apps 'disappearing' (its winterboard not wintersn0w), have you checked that the apps have not been hidden? There should be no need to re-jailbreak
  8. liamib

liamib New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i know what to do!

i had the same problem (waiting to reboot) - what you have to do is exit redsnow. your ipod will do nothing not even turn on - now enter dfu mode (i had to try several times) then restore to the software again in itunes (i know it takes ages!). Then once restored go into red sn0w again and when it sais the last step of entering dfu mode make sure you hold the home button for the full time (30 secs i think) even if the jailbreaking screen comes up before! any probs just pm me as i had the same problem as you but this should work : )
  9. allstar102692

allstar102692 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok well i feel like a fool. apparently when i searched for cydia and winterboard*(sorry i screwed the name only had the app for a few minutes before i screwed it up lol) and nothing came up. but then i went to restore and restored my home screen which reorganized my apps and noticed 2 blank spaces between apps. clicking in the empty spaces i found both cydia and winterboard -_-. so apparently the theme just made them invisible. promptly removed the theme and all is good now lol.
  10. cade2009

cade2009 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey, ok i had the same problem, 32 gig generation 2 ipod at that. (My iPhone 3g worked perfect jailbreaking & my friends 16 gig generation 2 ipod jailbroke fine, but not my 32gig.) so, i gave up jailbreaking it. But i wanted to jailbreak it today (or try again), so i did. In redsn0w, when it says "Waiting for reboot" & it dosnt do anything slightly unplug the ipod & plug it back in, the screen turns white & it will finish jailbreaking. Mine did, but the screen on the ipod showing "Downloading jailbreak files" looks like it gets stuck (I actually thought mine got stuck so I googled "trouble jailbreaking ipod 3.0" & i got on this page, as i was doing that my ipod finished & it rebooted & it jailbroke). So do what i said & give it time, it may seem to freeze up, but it will work perfect. for some reason slightly unplugging it & plugging it back up makes it finish. I can't explain that one.

I hope this helps