Ipod Touch 2G 3.1 beta firmware PROBLEM! sos!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cruise85, Sep 8, 2009.

1. cruise85

cruise85 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello All!

I have a serious problem with my Ipod TOUCH 2G 8GB. Basically my friend told me that he can upgrade my ipod and install a new firmware on it that will make it better. But when he returned it, i turn my ipod on, I see a pinkish screen on it... with this picture:

Please Register or Log in to view images

As picture says, I connect it to itunes and I get this...: iTunes could not connect the iPod "iPod touch" because an unknown error occured (0xE800005D)"
    I do not know how to get rid off it. When I asked my friend he said that I got a bad ipod and that all he did is installed a newly released Firmware 3.1 Beta version on it. Really pissed, don't know how to fix it....

PLEASEEEE help me restore my ipod to original settings! I really need to fix this problem! Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  2. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Umm, Hold down power and home for a min or so intill a connect screen comes on go in itunes. hold shift and click restore and click a restore Firmware and it will restore the ipod.
  3. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you a registered firmware beta tester/developer?
  4. IceRayn

IceRayn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. Redman1990

Redman1990 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here is the real sollution......
    Get iTunes 8.2 from the iTunes download page.
    Turn your phone off (if necessary, hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously till it goes off).
    Leave the USB cable connected to your computer but remove the other end from your phone.
    When the phone is off, hold the Home button *while* you reconnect the cable to your phone.

IT IS WORK.......