Ipod Touch 2g 3.1.2 ssh works from terminal but not from file browser

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by avkhatri, Dec 29, 2009.

1. avkhatri

avkhatri New Member

Hi everyone,

Before I start, I want to say that I have read other threads in this forum about my issue, I was 100% able to ssh into my ipod wirelessly on firmware 2.2.1 on a computer running Debian Linux about a month ago. I was able to view all the files in the file manager, however I can't with 3.1.2

Apps I have
    Openssh
    Togglessh
    AutomaticSSH

I recently upgraded to firmware 3.1.2, I did a blackra1n jailbreak, and I cannot mount my Ipod Touch wirelessly in linux through Debian. I go to Places-->Connect to Server and then enter the IP, the port (22), and then "root" for the username. When I hit connect, a folder appears on the desktop, the title of the folder is the IP of my ipod, but when I double click on it, nothing happens. I even try to open up a file browse and click on the folder from the sidebar where the "Places" are and it says Couldn't display "ssh://root@192.168.1.96:22/".

HOWEVER
    If I go into the terminal and type
    ssh root@192.168.1.96
    it then prompts me for my password
    I type in "alpine"
    and then I am in the Ipod, from the console I can view the files and directories fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working when I use Places-->Connect to Server? I do know that you have to get an app off cydia called afc2add for blackra1n to get ssh working, I did that but so far nothing has worked.