Ipod Touch 2G 3.0 volume button broken/confused

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Abstract1, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Abstract1

Abstract1 New Member

Jul 7, 2009

I just got a 2nd gen ipod touch and updated to the 3.0 firmware as soon as I got it, after playing with it a bit I discovered that when you press the "volume up" button it puts it to sleep, if you press again it wakes it up...really weird. It does adjust the volume if you hold down the volume up button, but as soon as you release it it puts it to sleep. The same thing happens with the sleep button too, it does what its supposed to do, but right before it shuts the screen off you can see the volume indicator pop up. So basically, both buttons will perform both functions, sleep and volume adjustment, at the same time. Has this happened to anyone else? Can it be fixed? Not sure if it has anything to do with the firmware update since I didn't really play with it before hand. I've tried restoring it multiple times back to 2.2 firmware, but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I would take it in to a nearby Apple Store, or wherever you bought it. (Make an appointment at the Apple Store if you plan to go).