Ipod touch 2g - 3.0 to 3.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by steelercurtain11, Aug 21, 2010.

1. steelercurtain11

steelercurtain11 New Member

I have an Ipod touch 2g with jail broken 3.0 firmware.

As far as I know the latest firmware for ipod touch 2g is 3.2.1? But with the spirit jailbreak program it says it won't work. So I was wondering how to get firmware 3.2 and install that onto my ipod touch.

Also would I have to wipe my ipod prior to installing that or would installing that do it for me? I have a feeling if I wipe it myself then I won't be able to get the 3.0 that i bought back.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is no 3.2 for iPod touch devices. That's an iPad firmware only. The latest firmware is 4.0.2 for 2G iPod touch devices.
  3. steelercurtain11

steelercurtain11 New Member

http://spiritjb.com/ I was going to try this (hopefully this link is allowed, if not i'll delete)

Does this mean I can update to the latest ipod 2g firmware and still use this? All these different firmwares confuse me
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you haven't saved your shsh blobs (which I'm assuming you haven't because this all seems new to you) you won't be able to restore to a firmware > 4.0 that you can jailbreak. The only finesse you'll be abl to restore to would be 4.0.2 which cannot be jailbroken.

You can however use spirit to jailbreak you iPod on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3