iPod Touch 2G 3.0 Jailbreak mac 10.5

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nirvahnah, Jun 26, 2009.

1. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so I know this is possible through redsn0w on a mac running 10.5. I have bought the 3.0 firmware cause I dont want a pirated version to mess something up.

Now my question is, i'm already jailbroken on 2.2.1, and i have a bunch of apps and tweaks and such from cydia. If i jailbreak to 3.0 untethered will all that data be lost? Or can it simply be replaced with a restore to a backup file? I really dont want to go back and re-download EVERYTHING. Cause i already will have to wait like 3 hours for my 35 hours of music to be copied over...

If your answer includes going to another website please link, so others reading this with a similar question can get through this process allot easier.

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: AAACK! WROOONG FORUM... this is supposed to be in 3.0 discussion. wow that flew right over my head... sorry.. if i knew how to move this i would but i dont..
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Im not aware of anything that will back up cydia apps. You can however create a reinstall list using apt-backup. It creates a list that is backed up in your normal backup in itunes then when you jailbreak and reinstall apt-backup it will go through and reinstall all your stuff. The problem with that is if you jet something that causes a problem with 3.0 (fairly common right now) then you wont know what and will be doing a restore.

The recommendation is to restore to non-jailbroken 2.x then update to 3.0, then jailbreak, add your touch back as a new device and sync everything (do NOT restore a backup), then manually install all your apps in cydia one at a time verifying that it works w/o problems before moving on to the next app.

This ensures the least problems and most compatibility.
  3. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    You simply loze your jailbreK stuff if you restore and jailbreAk again...
  4. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, so i'll restore to 2.2.1 unjailbroken then jailbreak to 3.0 untethered. and install every app again 1 by 1. and all those stupid apps i got from instaleous are gone. but that doesnt really matter to me cause all i had was weather bug and a few stupid other things..

my only problem now is im away from my primary computer with my all my music on it. I'm on a macbook for a while since im on vacation. this laptop doesnt have all my music. can i make a backup of just my music somehow? like by deleting everything from [PIRACY]us and cydia. leaving just my videos and music from itunes? that way i can just have my music and videos put back on my ipod instead of jsut a blank ipod with 3.0 installed.. cause i cant drag my music over from my ipod to my macbook..
  5. virusx

virusx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You'd better not talk about cracked apps around here...
  6. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ooh i understand. i use it as a way to demo apps. i ALWAYS buy an app after about a month of use from instalous. i spend damn well near $200 a year on itunes. their getting their cut trust me. theirs just so much crap out their i dont wanna waste money on something i dont like. so i dl it from [PIRACY]us then if its crap i delete if its worth my time ill buy it. its apples fault for not having a seal of quality on apps like nintendo does on games. which is why theirs so much garbage..