iPod Touch 2G 3.0 Camera Mod

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pageatb, Jul 8, 2009.

1. pageatb

pageatb New Member

Ok, so we have all read the the forums and threads discussing cameras for the ipod touch. Now by what i've seen, many of these threads are old and dont take into mind the new advantages we have.

The iPod Touch 3.0 firmware allows 3rd party accessories to be used through the 30 pin USB plug, so without even jailbreaking the iPod it seems as though a camera could be connected, and and app to run it added to the iTunes store.

This in mind, many pecimists believe that apple would not add a camera function or add on to the iPod Touch. This is because if a camera was added to the iPod Touch then there may not be any market for the iPhone anymore.

If this is true, and the legal, unjailbroken mod is ruled out, then there is still another option.
    You see in the iPod Touch modding and hacking world, there are many extremely skilled coders and program developers, who have helped to push the iPod to its full potential.
    I do not see any reason why these developers will not be able to create a program or app to successfully run a camera.

For example, a simple, cheap, easily optainable webcam, that could be connected to the ipod by either a double female connector, or by adding a 30 pin USB to the end of the wire.

Any one think this will work ??
    And does anyone think they can code a program for this??
    Ideas welcomed
    Enjoy
  2. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    this sounds like a great idea, it seems like it would work...

and no i have no coding knowledge at all, sorry, lol
  3. eg0tism

eg0tism New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Awesome, but to save trouble, we could just get an iPhone..
    I mean think about it, iPod Touch + Camera = iPhone.
  4. m4rs

m4rs New Member

wrong, as the next gen of the ipod touch will have a camera

Please Register or Log in to view images

(probably the same as the 3gs) unfortunatly we'll have to wait until september/october :/
  5. pageatb

pageatb New Member

yh i've heard the rumours of this, but for now... i can't wait lol
    And i'm basically doing this because i use my iPod far more than my phone and a camera would be awesome.. and it would overcome all of the pecimists and smack apple in the face.

Oh and jus because it's an iPod with a camera, doesn't make it an iPhone. For a start .. it doesn't do calling without the internet, and also the iPhone runs slower than the ipod touch.

Im still waiting for others views on the matter and to see who can code it.
  6. Fishman9809

Fishman9809 Active Member

false
  7. pageatb

pageatb New Member

Yh i've heard the rumours about a camera in a 3rd gen iPod but i'd like something now, and i may not be able to afford the 3rd gen.
    Also , a camera would not make the iPod a phone , it did not make the phone a camera did it ??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry that posted twice,
    and from what iv heard, the iPhone has run slower
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol. It's not a fact that the new iPod touch will have a camera. Where are you getting your information from?

The iPod touch was faster than the iPhone, the 3G was better than the touch, the 2G touch was better than the 3G iPhone, and the 3GS is faster than everything out so far.

For what you said to be true, you have to specify which iPhone/iPod touch generations you're talking about.
    The iPod touch comes out after the iPhone, so the newer generation is usually faster than the iPhone that came out a few months before.
  9. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol no offense, but i have a 24.9 MP nikon d3x. why on earth i need a ~3 MP camera on my ipod?

And for those who say "Thats not compact like an ipod," i completely agree. the d3x is massive in comparison. BUT! I also have a 10 MP cannon sd880. which is SMALLER than my ipod, and would boot up and take a pic faster then i could quit out of an app and start a camera app.

Just saying. Theres no need for it. Itll just jack up the price of the ipod...its not needed.

Now different color ipod touches....

10. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd like my ipod touch to have a (video)camera then I wouldn't have to carry around my camera(which is small) and my ipod touch! I really don't care about the picture quality for the most part (as long as they're decent D

Mark Anthony Galicha likes this.