iPod Touch 2g 2.2.1 stuck in DFU mode or not responding to anything.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by S201, Mar 7, 2009.

1. S201

S201 New Member

Hi guys, so I jailbroke my touch 2g 2.2.1 firmware today using Cyw00d. After some messing with it, I got it working. Cydia and Installer were installed and everything was looking good. ...until I installed Winterboard through Cydia. It asked me to restart my iPod and that was the last I saw of it. Now the screen won't come on nor will it respond to any possible key combo to restart it. My guess is that it is stuck in some kind of DFU mode loop but I'm obviously no iPod expert.
    When I plug it into Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 beta, it is showed as an unknown device and when viewed in the device manager, just keeps refreshing itself. iTunes does not see it, nor does any other jailbreaking app I have tried, including ZiPhone which has the option to change what mode it is in. I have even tried getting Linux to see it so maybe I could format it but once again, nothing.
    I really don't understand how this could happen after it was jailbroken and working perfectly. ANY help is awesome as I have no idea where to go from here and as you can imagine this is very frustrating.
  2. neobrendan

neobrendan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you actually read a tutorial or at least what a tethered jailbreak is? in case you don't know you will have to connect it to a computer and get it into dfu mode. To do this open iTunes then connect your iPod. Hit the sleep button and the home button for exactly 10 seconds then release the sleep button and continue holding the home button until iTunes says that there is a iPod deceted in recovery mode. Repeat this until you get that message. Close iTunes. Open cywood and use the option to boot iPod. I assume that cywood works like that because I have a mac. But it should be an option like that.
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Practice makes Correct. not Perfect.
    For everyone's sake, please watch a video or do some practice on turning your ipod into DFU.
  4. S201

S201 New Member

Thank you guys, but my problem is not getting my iPod into DFU mode, it is that after I reboot it the first time after jailbreaking it, it goes into some kind of loop where Windows shows it as an unknown device and nothing will see it. The only way to get it out of this is to put it in DFU mode and then iTunes will see it and allow me to restore the firmware to factory setting thus un-jailbreaking my iPod. Does anyone know why this is happening?
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your Firmware might be messed up. Just redo it and see if that helps.
  6. Gil-chill

Gil-chill New Member

7. prasaianooz

prasaianooz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have similar problem....is now your ipod just okay...if yes please please please tell me how???...i can neither turn on my ipod nor i can step it into DFU???????PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    why the crap did you bump an almost a year old thread?