Ipod touch 2G 2.2.1 Random restarts!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xdupox, Jun 5, 2009.

1. xdupox

xdupox New Member

my ipod touch random restarts everytime i use 3rd party apps on it. sometimes it even restarts while i listen to music, watch videos, or even just arranging my home icons..

the screen simply turns white for 0.5secs and displays the apple logo which indicates that it is booting up, after which it cuts off a huge amount of juice to my battery. this happens to my ipod for about 5-15 times a day depending on how long i use it. i'm having this problem the week i bought my ipod and its been a month now and i'm thinking of sending this back for replacement since its still in its warranty.

but my ipod has this one deep scratch on the upper left side that makes me think if that even voids my warranty. are they gonna cancel it just for that? its just a short deep scratch deep enough that you can feel its there but nothing more. i think i got the scratch when its inside my pocket but i haven't dropped it yet.
  2. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i cant see apple having a problem with the scratch unless they have to replace the ipod, but im not sure.
    As for the restarts have you tried to DFU + restore it to orginal firmware to try and sort the problem out?
  3. xdupox

xdupox New Member

i've done everything..even restoring it using 3 diff kinds of laptops just to make sure.but no luck at all
  4. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmmmm, it sounds like it could be a hardware issue then, have you googled your situation to see if anybody else has had this happen, then maybe you could do the same as them? just a thought though, good luck with it

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. xdupox

xdupox New Member

DFU meaning to hold the home and sleep/wake button and once the screen goes blank, release the home button while still holding sleep for 30 secs?..yup i did that..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yup researched it alot..i found some posts but ending up replacing it..but my concerns if it voids my warranty since i got a deep scratch on it..thanks man..

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyone experiencing this problem too?
  6. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Nice triple post. One scratch won't void the warranty. The warranty just doesn't cover scratches. Take it to an Apple store, or wherever you bought it, they'll sort you out.
  7. xdupox

xdupox New Member

lol..ok thanks man appreciate your help..
    one more question, can apple detect that i jailbroke my ipod in the past?..of course i'm not sending them a jailbroken ipod so i restored it as a new ipod, but i'm not sure if they could trace it.
  8. davies-09

davies-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they may be able to check, but going off what other members have said as long there is no obvious signs of the ipod being jailbroken, then you should be ok