iPod Touch 2g 16Gb Restore problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MadMax678, Aug 31, 2010.

1. MadMax678

MadMax678 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys, im hoping to get a defo anwser to a irritating problem i am having right now...

I recently came back off a jailbroken 3.1.2 to try and get onto the 4.0 bandwagon...

i couldn't restore from itunes, so i restored it from the ipod itself and left it for around 45 mins to do its thing...

It will happley go into both DFU and Recovery modes, but it won't let me restore it with a fresh install of 4.0 and itunes doesn't even reconize it being plugged in (i have reinstalled itunes, restarted computer, restarted apple mobile service)
    The funny thing is that my computer WILL detect it, but it doesn't show up in itunes, nor my computer devices.

There may be a thread somewhere on here already that has this problem in it, but im pretty close from admiting defeat with it, somebody said it had a hard-drive problem, but i hope not.

So sorry if this thread is a repeat...

Thanks in advance

Max

Pictures:

First this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

and then this(it will freeze the wheel and stay like that for around 10 mins)

It will then repeat the process...
  2. ibby1001

ibby1001 Member

3. MadMax678

MadMax678 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Great, i feel like a dipsh*t now, next time i'll read everything first

Thanks!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Got another problem, it now refuses to go into DFU mode, and i can't turn the device completely off it just does what i said it does in my first post...