ipod touch 2 jail break 3.0 booting problem HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by u2l, Jul 9, 2009.

1. u2l

u2l New Member

1st of all. sorry for my bad english

Please Register or Log in to view images

.I recently updated to firmware 3.0 on my iPod touch 2nd gens . i have jail broken my 2.2.1 ipod touch b4 so i know exactly what to do this time and i have done it with redsnow 0.7.2 . everything seems to be fine. i restored all my apps and music back. after using for 1 weeks . i install 1 app called rotation on cydia cuz i dunt like the way music and safari rotate by itself. i needed to restart so i just do it becuz i have restarted b4 and it seems no problem becuz this is a untethered jailbreak. when i restart, It keeps going to the apple logo for 2 seconds, then I see a scrolling text thing like it's booting, then its a black screen ( same booting screen but without the white apple) then it repeats back to the apple logo for another 2 s, on and on until the battery dies. have any one had this problem b4 and are there any sollution to fix it without having to jailbreak and restore everything again?
    any help would b much appreciated ^^
  2. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    plug the iPod into usb port

if iPod turns on and you get the scrolling code holde the home and power buttons till the device shuts off

wait a couple of seconds to settle

hold the power and home buttons down and count 10 seconds

when you get to 10 let go of the power button ONLY keep hold of the home button

if you are using a mac after a further 10 seconds iTunes should detect your iPod in recovery mode.... click restore

if your using a windows pc after you let go of the power button hold the home button down till your PC recognises the iPod and iTunes pops up on screen...... hit restore

hope this helps you get your iPod back up and running

3. u2l

u2l New Member

thank you so much for yr fast reply

just 1 more question plz would i get my ipod back to the last jailbreak stage while it still run fine with the same data ( as they were) on my touch?
  4. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    no you will not have your jailbreak or data, this will wipe the iPod completely and put a fresh 3.0 on your iPod.....you will then have to re-jailbreak and sync your music
  5. u2l

u2l New Member

kk , sad to hear that

but thank you for yr instruction. im doing it now XD