iPod Touch 2.2.1 JB won't restore!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Briguy9, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Briguy9

Briguy9 New Member

Okay here's what happened. One night, I was looking for an app on Cydia that changes your boot icon and I downloaded it (it was LogoMe). Shortly after, I used it and put my own logo on there. It looked as if it did something, so I exited the app and went on to turn it off using BossPrefs (I think this has nothing to do with it) using the "Power Off" command, not the "Reboot" command. After, I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't turn on. The next day I put the iPod into DFU mode and tried to restore to my jailbroken firmware, didn't work. Tried the firmware I had before the jailbreak even happened, didn't work. Tried iTunes' Restore that restores to factory settings, didn't work. Can anyone help me out here?

P.S. I can't turn on the iPod at all, it seems as though it is bricked, and when I plug it into the computer in regular mode (I'm talking not DFU or Recovery) all that happens on the computer is it says a device malfunctioned and Windows doesn't recognize it. I'm running XP, if that helps.

P.P.S HELP! Lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Turn It Off. (Home and Power button until the chime on your computer goes off)

Now Turn It On.

iTunes will recognize it, and restore.

Make sure iTunes recognizes it and ur running iTunes 8.2
  3. pinnaps2

pinnaps2 Banned

what? you can do it

what do you mean
    by "I put the iPod into DFU mode and then Tried iTunes' Restore that restores to factory settings, didn't work"

explain how it didn't work

what i think is that you weren't really in dfu mode

make sure you battery is charged plug your ipod to an electrical outlet for at least 30 minutes before attempting anything

Plug up your iPod
    Open iTunes
    Hold down Sleep/Wake and Home for exactly 10 seconds
    Release Sleep/Wake and continue holding Home til your computer or itunes recognizes the device in recovery mode

Restore using the official firmware your ipod is currently running

or

put it into DFU buy holding home for 5 seconds... then hold power for 10 seconds (don't take your finger off home).. then let go of power (don't let go of home). After another 10 seconds iTunes should recognize the phone. Then restore

good luck
  4. windextor

windextor New Member

i have had the same problem

first you have to downgrade itunes to 8.1

then it will let you restore to 2.2.1
  5. Briguy9

Briguy9 New Member

Read my post.

Um, by "it didn't work" I mean, it didn't work. Kinda simple, is it not? When something doesn't work, it is doing the opposite of what it should have done (i.e. It should have restored, but didn't. It didn't work).

I was in DFU mode, did you read my post? When I connected the iPod I followed the DFU mode instructions and it said on the iTunes window

"iTunes has detected an iPod in Recovery Mode. You must restore for it to work." That's DFU mode, right?

It also said this in the XP taskbar when I DFU'ed it for the first time:
    "Device connected: Apple Recovery (iBoot) Drivers" or something almost exactly similar.

Another thing, I don't feel like walking into an apple store and spending $30 on a little AC iPod charger when it DOESN'T CHARGE/OPERATE/RESTORE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'll try your method of DFU mode, though. And sorry about the caps, I just want to get my point across here, because my iPod that i have had for 6 months and paid $300 some-odd for, I want it to work and I don't feel like taking it to an Apple store so they can tell me "Oh you jailbroke it, it's not our fault. Get lost."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll try it, but where can I get iTunes 8.1? I'm thinking this will either work good or not at all. I get the 1601 error when I try to restore my Jailbroken ipsw, and I get the 13 error restoring to factory. I tried repairing 13 but to no avail.

Thanks for the help, ill try your suggestions!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nvm i found iTunes 8.1! Trying it!
    Thanks all for your help! I finally got it to restore to 2.2.1 on iTunes 8.1!
    After that I re-downloaded iTunes 8.2 and bought the OS 3.0 upgrade, downloaded it, and jailbroke it, Thanks again!
  6. Time To Break Up

Time To Break Up New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya, i have the exact same problam... and when i say exact, i meen EXACT! hope the itunes 8.1 works 4 me.
    Yep, did the job!! dont know why, but it did.

Thanks everyone.
  7. exmurderblah

exmurderblah New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I can't get iTunes 8.2 cus 9.0 or whatever is out. But I have the same problem