iPod Touch 2.1 Email Problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by stucow, Sep 10, 2008.

1. stucow

stucow New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I upgraded my iPod to 2.1 last night, and this morning I tried to set up my email accounts, but instead of setting up two seperate accounts, it changes them both to being the same. I've done this three times now, so I know it's not me.

My emails are something like
    fistname.lastname@domain and
    firstname.reg@domain

But it always changes them both to whichever I try to set up last.
    They're the same domain (my isp) and as such have the same username.

I have a gmail account too, and that works fine.

Anyone with a similar problem, or any ideas?

Thanks

Stu.
  2. Louis6321

Louis6321 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you have 2 accounts with the same address and isp (or domain name) then it automatically deletes the old 1 and adds the new 1...

and this feature isnt new... it's been like this since mail first was released in 1.1.4
  3. dev1n

dev1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a different mail problem in 2.1. Checking for new mail doesn't really work! it takes a long time for it to get new mail in the app and then sometimes it cant connect to the google server to get mail at all. It keeps giving me an error about something wrong the the SMPT or something like that. I've never had this problem before installing 2.1. anyone have the same problem?
  4. mfitkin

mfitkin New Member

I'm having issues with Mail since getting 2.1 similar to the updating problem. Mail will not tell me I have new messages for more than a minute after turning the ipod on if it does at all. Used to be there right after turning it on. Any ideas?