iPod Touch 2.0 JailBreak on PC Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by connorscott01, Jul 20, 2008.

1. connorscott01

connorscott01 New Member

Hello Everyone, This is my first post ever as a member of iPod Touch Fans. I have been reading the forums for a little while and finally decided to join up. I have a question, When the 2.0 Jailbreak Tool for PC comes out will it have installer still? Will it still have all the apps in installer? Ex: Customize? Thanks Everyone and i'm looking forward to posting and talking with you all.
  2. kingslaye505

kingslaye505 New Member

Chances are that when winpwn 2.0 is released, installer will work with it. Right now, very few apps work with 2.0 because they rely on the framework of 1.1. 2.0 was largely re-written causing many apps not to work. All the applications will be in installer (if it is ported), but they will not work until they are also ported to 2.0. For the apps to be rewritten may take quite a long time.
  3. connorscott01

connorscott01 New Member

So Basically they will have installer in the jailbreak...but not have many apps available yet?
  4. lewyboi9493

lewyboi9493 Member

correct.

devolopers must rewrite the code of their app for it to work succesfully on 2.0

but give it time and probably all apps will be supported
  5. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Most of the ones that were successful on 1.1.x that is.
  6. lewyboi9493

lewyboi9493 Member

Yeah. Most Were I thought.
  7. connorscott01

connorscott01 New Member

alright thanks guys. But do you think that it would pretty much be the same after time? The installer and everything will still be good quality? Because i am kind of iffy about buying the update. The 10$ is no problem but i just want to make sure that it will still be jailbroken quality.
  8. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

Sucks that you missed out on getting the firmware for free(dont ask how)...once the apps get updated,installer will be fine, give it a month or 2,since it might take a while