ipod touch 2.0 internet questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MuZiK I AdDiCt, Aug 19, 2008.

1. MuZiK I AdDiCt

MuZiK I AdDiCt New Member

I'm about to get a ipodTouch with 2.0 firmware out of the box from walmart.com, and I was wondering about the browser it has...safari. Does it limit what you can look at all together? is it like a parental locked internet even though i'm over 18? or can i go to ANY website and watch ANY videos... because i'm worried i'll be bummed out if it's a half assed / conservative web experience while i'm at the office alone at work! or is it better to go on the internet with a "jailbroken" ipod touch 2.0 i heard it freezes up on you a lot, especially when you use the keyboard function to type in stuff.
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

nah there's no parental control crap... don't worry. Jailbreaking it won't do harm. I've noticed it freezes on you if your on 2.0.1 or 2.0.2. Just stick with 2.0 and you should be fine.
  3. MuZiK I AdDiCt

So basicly if i jailbrake my itouch, i'll just be able to get apps for free? like AIM, or this xbox live app i'm hearing about? because i'm sure i want all of them, but can i still BUY ones from itunes with a jailbroken itouch?
  4. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

yea you could do all that stuff, if you know how to get free apps

Please Register or Log in to view images

and I would refrain using iTouch because other members start PMSing

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. MuZiK I AdDiCt

yeah i'll just jailbrake it then...because i want to be able to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YA6dRyfD9s

BTW: is there a forum for jailbreaking for noobs? like a how to guide AND explains exactly what it does. if so, please point me toward there and i'll be out of your hair.