ipod touch 1st Gen Touchscreen problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bootstrapbeck, Jan 5, 2010.

1. bootstrapbeck

bootstrapbeck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi there, just bought a second hand Ipod touch Ist Gneration 16gb off Ebay. It is in brand new condition, however the touch screen is playing up. The seller said the touchscreen was getting a bit slow, however the touch screen becomes completely unresponsive after about half a min and you have to rub the top of the screen to get it going again. The the problem occurs again after about a minute of use the screen stops working again. Is there any solutions to this? Anyone have similar problem? Or do I have to take it to the Apple Store.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You'll need to take it to the Apple store. And why did you even buy that iPod if the screen was messed up?
  3. bootstrapbeck

bootstrapbeck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the seller didn't say it was messed up, he said "slowed down a bit", which I could have dealt with, as when its working the speed of it is fine. Its the fact that it stops working completely that he hadn't described.
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Return the iPod to the seller and rate him poorly.

Also a restore of the iPod?
  5. bootstrapbeck

bootstrapbeck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    shall try a restore. If that fails will try and get it fixed as I got it for a decent price.I emailed the user but whatdyaknow hes not replying.